For all the years that I have tried makeup products from both drugstore and high end, I can now say I found the products I can keep repurchasing if I ran out of it. Let me share with you products for each category from the drugstore which i personally think is worth your money (LOL they’re already cheap!).
Primer: NYX Angel Veil
– Pretty much like other pore filling primers but I feel like this one doesn’t feel too dry on my VERY dry skin. I have been using this for a while and so far, I haven’t had break outs unlike with *ehem* L’oreal *ehem* I hate their primer!!!
Foundation: Maybelline FitMe
– I hated this when I first tried it and I think I have mentioned the reason somewhere: I picked wrong shade. For girls with dry skin, this is perfect! It will make your skin look and feel healthy.
Concealer: Maybelline Age Rewind
– I believe this product is in everyone’s holy grail list.
Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte
– This too! It will keep you matte for the most of your day.
Bronzer: Physician’s Formula Butter Bronzer
– I love how natural this looks on the skin. The colour is perfect and it smells awesome!
Blush: Essence Matt Touch Blush
– I am in love with this blush. It stays on my face for a long time and the more it is on your face, the more it blends in well.
Eyeshadows: Wet n Wild Comfort Zone Palette
– This probably is the best eye palette from the drugstore (I can even compare this to my other high end ones). How can you say no to that MAC Blue brown dupe?!
Mascara: Rimmel Glameyes Day2Night
– You can choose volume or length or do both with this mascara!
Eyeliner: Physician’s Formula EyeBooster
– It stays on all day and very easy to use. I love how it doesn’t dry out too quickly, but dries pretty fast on the eyes. BEST. BEST. BEST! Need I say more?
Eyebrow: NYX Tame & Frame
– Get your eyebrows on fleek without spending too much (looking at you, Anastasia!!!). It’s pretty much the same thing.
Lipstick: Maybelline Matte Nude Nuance
– I recommend this particular shade if you love nude lipsticks. It won’t wash you out and won’t make you look sick. It is a darker nude with a brownish-peach undertone which is perfect for morena girls!
Highlighter: Essence Soo Glow
– I hate chunky highlighter and this one is not one of those. It is a cream so it blends in easily and melts on your skin leaving you a very natural glow.
Tool: Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
– I also hated this when I first tried it but it think 2nd time’s a charm. I cannot compare it to the beauty blender yet as I haven’t tried that one but what I can say is: it blends in foundation and concealer beautifully!
I am planning to make a list for high-end starter kit in the future, once I get my hands on some products on my wishlist. If you wanna know more about a certain product, let me know. I’d gladly share my thoughts 🙂