About two weeks ago, I decided to jump on the probably hardest thing a girl can do: SELF-IMPOSED SHOPPING BAN! Honestly, it’s been really hard! I am a very impulsive buyer and most of the time, I do it when I’m stressed from work. Yes, I am blaming it to stress when I am only supposed to blame myself for not having self control. Two weeks! 17 more days ’til I can say I’m successful. Let’s see how I’m doing:
- I haven’t purchased any makeup items yet! Actually, Nothing from my What I Cannot Shop For list YAYYYY!
- No uber rides although I’m always tempted to click the app, because commuting under 40-degrees (Celcius) weather is hell-ish!
- We’ve only eaten out once (last night!)
- I’ve only used my credit card for metro card credits and last night’s food
- I actually haven’t done a full grocery shopping but we’ve been calling for food delivery for dinner
- I almost purchased hair dyes from amazon. Good thing I realized I still have bottles of red dye from last year!
But one time, I thought I was doing really good. I wasn’t taking cabs, not buying anything but the Universe decided to make me spend on something stupid. I got fined on the bus while I was on my way home! I paid 110DHS (that’s almost 1500 in Philippine Pesos!!!). Reason was really stupid. It was because I was standing beyond the yellow line where passengers aren’t allowed to stand on. But ~meh, I didn’t bother fighting for it anymore. I was too tired from all the commute.
Two weeks, I can do this!
How are you guys doing? 🙂
EDIT: Just two days after posting this, I already Uber-ed twice and bought something from Muji. Reason: Just got paid for a small project. Sigh.